Monday, January 01, 2007

New Day, and waiting.

I woke up today, not exactly on the right side of the bed. I usually feel a bit wasted when I wake up after 12. I slept at about 4am last night. Wanted to start 2007 right by packing up my room, start the People's Proposal, as well as re-start my honors thesis research. It is a 're-start' because Dr Reuben felt that my previous research - about Russia's role in EU-China relations - was a bit flimsy. So I have to think again about my thesis. I'm thinking of coming up with a systematic theory to look at EU-China relations. There aren't many guys out there who theorize state-to-state relationships. So maybe it is worth a try. As with regards to People's Proposal, Vic and me are in charge of 'people' in Youth Ministry now, and our roles are to come up with a structure to look after the pastoral needs of the kids in church. We met up last week to come up with a super crony plan to get everyone involve in mentoring, and we are also toying with the idea of coming up with a youth website as well as a Heartbeat Alumni email network. I guess the idea is to make the 'inter-generational' aspect of SJSM to be more intergenerational.

Oh well, I'm not sure what happens, but the whole afternoon flew past and I accomplished none of the above! Was reading a mixture of stuff from the church's Season of Life magazine, Piper's 'Future Grace', and John Stott's 'New issues facing Christians today', and erm, Chee Soon Juan's 'Your Future, My Faith, Our Freedom'. Chee is a Christian, and is currently serving a short sentence behind bars for some civil disobedience stuff; I'm not sure if he is out yet, should be soon. He is not my hero, but at least he spices up local politics.

I reckon I'll need another week before I am fully functional for 2007. Packing up different sectors of my room. Throwing away old notes. Printing new notes. Repairing my printer and my camera. Developing photos that I took in China and Korat during mid 2006. A lot of things happened in 2006. I'm glad they happened, because they convicted me even more of what I believe in, what I want, what I hope for, and what I'm waiting for. With regards to ministry, I'm not sure what this year will bring, the boys are no longer boys to some extent. Pastor Ian is going to Laos, and I'm thinking of doing a recce trip in july or dec to see the feasibility of our Lao coffee club project. Was talking to Chun Chia, my JC good friend, and he told me to go Athens to catch Champions' League Final together on 23 May; actually it might work out because we are thinking of backpacking in Europe in May, together with daniel and diana.

Yeah, I think I need a week before I am fully functional. I do want to simplify life. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home