Monday, December 11, 2006

From Singapore to Canberra...

There has been a flight delay from Singapore to Canberra, causing me to stay in Sydney for a night. Apparently it is due to the radioactive conspiracy of russian spy Litvinenko, which causes inbound British airlines to be delayed due to ongoing investigations in Britain. Talk about globalization of risk society... hmmm....

Anyway, on a bright side, it means I can do some super duper quick late night travelling in Sydney. A quick glance at lonely planet online suggests that "gay and lesbian venues make up a big part of Sydney's nightlife". Hmmmm.... maybe not, after going through a youth camp on manhood and womanhood, which btw has been a really fruitful experience (maybe will blog on that another time). On a not so bright side, I am getting a bit embarassed that I'm officially the last participant to arrive in ANU. I think my singaporean counterpart - some guy from law - has already arrived. And I think a lot of basic european lectures wld be covered in day 1. Gah... a bit hard to smoke them when I have only brought with me one little book on european politics from central lib and 2 essays that I have written on EU.

But should be fun lah eh? Borrowed from Daniel a book by John Piper, called Future Grace. Should be a pretty good read in the aeroplane. And this would be the first time I'm bringing my little mac out of singapore, so I can work out my honours thesis as well as journal things down electronically, hopefully while drinking ice mocha or something in some aussie coffee places.

Really feel a bit wasted that pasta ian is not around in that part of oz. Wld have been such a great time. I guess daniel and I can only visit him in laos when we kickstart our social-evangelical project in laos, which is still in its super duper infancy stage. Sigh.

Alright, going to grab some coffee now at the departure hall. Still got 2 hours to kill. grrrr...

Will be back in a flash, on 16 dec night. Unless they delay my plane again in Sydney, which I won't mind then.. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home