Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sedated jim

Chelsea lent me this cd by Kings of Convenience. I quite like the songs, I think it just kinda describes my mood these days, sedated, somewhat dreamy, and slightly lazy to study. I think it is partly due to the fact that it is hard for the cap score to go up or to go down when you are at year 4. I guess there is a remote possibility that I won't be able to write a thesis if I do crash the last hurdle, which is kinda like a characteristic of my life in general. But I guess I'm somewhat stuck in between indifference and innocence - easy come, easy go, no big deal. Like a passenger in a train, going through the motions, drifting from station to station. Just looking forward for the year to end, although I don't really have anything to look forward to in the new year. But honestly, I prefer it that way these days.

I lose some sales
and my boss won't be happy
but I can't stop listening to the sound
of two soft voices blended in perfection
from the reels of this record that I found

every day there's a boy in the mirror
asking me
what are you doing here
finding all my previous motives
growing increasingly unclear

I travelled far and I burned all the bridges
I belived as soon as I hit land
all the other
options held before me
will wither in the light of my plan

so I lose some sales
and my boss won't be happy
but there's only one thing on my mind
searching boxes underneath the counter
on a chance that on a tape I'd find

a song for
someone who needs somewhere
to long for

homesick
cause I no longer know
where home is

"Homesick' by Kings of Convenience

11 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

random indie newsletter #341

erlend øye, one half of kings of convenience, released an album under his latest project Whitest Boy Alive. if you like the minimalist charm of kings of convenience, you might just take to the organic purity of this new album. best enjoyed with a good stereo, and some wine.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger astral said...

woah... is the review taken from a real indie newsletter or from the toh guan legend himself? ha..

anyway, thanks for the recommendation. i have a good stereo. And a pint of hoegaarden would have been a bittersweet relief.

din see ya during service yesterday, for a while thought you might have overstressed ur eye again. but i think u r ok.. ha.

all the best for ur exam paper! just bumped into your hello panda thai friend in the lib =p

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

haha all good things come from toh guan.. toh guan provision shop, toh guan famous wan ton mee (which just closed down because of the high rental of 4k a month!!!), toh guan football club (which plays fridays and sundays on the pitch that says "no ball games"), and toh guan indie newsletters.

thanks bro, am doing ok. was just overtired on saturday shooting jud's wedding (which was fantastic) after a morning paper. study hard!!!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger astral said...

poor toh guan wanton mee uncle... he might make a better living in the stirling road wanton stall next to the 4D shop.

i vaguely remembered from yuenster that toh guan people says 'excuse me' before they dig their nose!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

i think he was referring to jurong in general. in comparison with the people of clementi, who rudely shove their way past you.

funny how conversations start to take place on blog comment pages.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger astral said...

but clement is quite a nice guy in clementi...

yeah... maybe clem will join in the conversation soon... or maybe it means time for starbucks after our exams...

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

i think starbucks is long overdue. after you get back from canberra la..

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"i vaguely remembered from yuenster that toh guan people says 'excuse me' before they dig their nose! "

haha! dan... i'm sure that describes you! Tham Toh Guan. Now that's a name!


js:)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

haha thank you very much, miss jalan dermawan lim

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger astral said...

huh?????? haha

 
At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry bout him jim. glad your exams are over! time to r e l a x yah! ;)


js :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home