Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A warm christmas



It has been an unexpectedly nice christmas. Perhaps it was due to my lack of preparation for the christmas cards and all, and I wasn't expecting a lot of gifts and stuff like that cos I kind of went into hermit mode for much of the year. So it was really heartwarming to receive cards with really spot-on messages and words of encouragement. And there is also this sense of encouragement too from the boys; saw lionel in church and he might come back to our cell; shengwei told his mom he wants to join the worship team, and aunty janice was wondering what miracle had church camp did to him; Hewlett seems to be quite ready to take over the cell for next year; which gives me the capacity to focus at a more cluster level. Had a really good time doing christmas shopping with danger dan, despite our really poor discipline in time management, dragging lunch hours and pushing it to the very last minute to buy wrappers and cards. Buying sophie's toy at mothercare was quite hilarious as well. Though supper at holland with mr dodgy within the youth group was a bit strange. Totally love the photo frame :) Ended Christmas with a tandoori christmas party at jonathon's place in Bishan, where we had a great conversation with ramona's dad. It was also in Bishan that I happened to stumble upon the slightly disturbing huge photos sticking at the walls of catholic high; they look like PAP posters with extremely bad photoshopping. My former school even has a new motto - "A gentleman and a bilingual scholar in the making". I laughed at myself silly. Thank God for a nice and warm christmas.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jimmy!

I came upon your blog from Ailing. Hey, how r u doing? I enjoy reading yr blog, very reflective and honest. Cool. Saved it to my links, easier to access. Thanks for yr bday wishes! Wat r yr plans for 2007? Why is 2006 a "slumber year?"

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger astral said...

hey pris! my plans for 2007? If only I know! I applied for Masters in NUS, but I don't really have a clear idea what is going to be my research at Masters level. Want to combine politics and christianity as a research topic. But it is going nowhere for now. I might defer for a year to do Tribute instead. Should be backpacking with daniel in europe. I dunno if we will hit stuggart!

2006 is a slumber year because i travelled quite a bit and it felt like a dream. I don't like to wake up from good dreams.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home