Sunday, September 10, 2006

Pseudo global jim

Met up with the rest of the nus students who are involved in the IMF this coming week. We are supposed to partner 12 asian youth leaders who would engage with us in some discussions following the launch of the 2007 World Developmental Report. If I'm not wrong, at least for our scope, we are focusing on youth citizenship and global civil societal movements. I think my assigned buddy is some activist from china. Hmmm.... china? activist?

In a way, I'm pretty thankful that I'm part of this huge nation-wide project (I'm pro-Singapore too!) in welcoming delegates to the land of the 4 million smiles. Yet in some other ways, it feels like Singapore has been converted into a disneyland. You be amazed at the huge amount of sunflowers that are spread over the whole Suntec! I suppose that is where a part of our 130 million bucks went to.

Anyway, I think I need to get a suit for IMF. Might as well, since it might come in handy next year. Heard that my IMF pass allows me to get pretty good discounts in orchard and city hall. Wow, will put that to good use before IMF ends.

2 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Blogger JW said...

ah! how come ur IMF pass gives u discounts and mine doesn't?! =P

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger astral said...

come on! we are all part of the 4 million smiles!

check out this link by talkingcock anyway.. pretty funny ..haha

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/article.php?sid=2055&mode=thread&order=0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home