Thursday, September 14, 2006

my not-so-midlife crisis song

"Lord I Will Bow To You,
"To No Other God,
But You Alone
Lord I Will Worship You,
Nothing Hands Have Made But You Alone

I Will Lay Down My Idols,
And Thrones I Have Made
All That Has Taken My Heart
Lord I Will Bow To You,
To No Other God But You Alone"

It is pretty hard to utter the right words at times, especially when they are still in the process of being sorted out. Perhaps a song will do; a song that explains the disjuncture of heart and mind. So everyone is jumping onto the bandwagon, towards some sort of life, and some form of happiness. But I think there is nothing wrong to stop in the tracks, to ponder and tarry a bit with God. I know that He is good; that is the first principle, and everything will flow from there. Still, I think there is nothing wrong in missing the mark, not when I have missed the mark quite a couple of times. Things seem fine, and life goes on. And I probably will never know if I did miss the mark. Wrong tracks turn out right; right tracks turn out wrong. Life is such a mixture of strange things. I've no idea what is in store at the next turn. Sometimes it is easier to enter the rat race than to escape it. At least you can help the rats to find the Holy Cheese. Maybe that is the life of a tentmaker???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home