Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2 Samuel 24:24

But the king said to Araunah, "No, but I will buy it from you for a price. I will not offer burnt offerings to the Lord my God that cost me nothing." So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

The problem with being a social science student is that sometimes, especially in my field, I feel that it is quite a pessimistic, amoral and sometimes evil discipline. Often, I need to remind myself of the bigger schemes of things that govern life. I guess that was what transpired in my conversations with pastor Joshua and Angie from the mission department yesterday. Was looking at the following website, which happens to be a course that I would have to take should I do Tribute, which is a one-year program with church. Anybody wants to come on board?

http://www.ywam.org.sg/dts.htm

I was counting my 'costs' last night. It adds up to a neat number of 5. Of which, I felt number 1 was quite costly. In a strange way, it is quite an experience to grasp biblical knowledge in the head and transfer it into some sort of an action-call in the heart. It is a torturous and joyful process at the same time.

I should let my words be few from now on with regards to Tribute, until the masters scholarships results are out.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Friends in Business said...

hey Mr Smorgasborg!!

finally got to your site...nice pics mate. So the dinner is on...i'll send the address soon. Hope you doing well in school...nearly finished right?
There are lots of 'developmental' UN tpye jobs in the Vientiane Times..Often think, JImmy can do that, and that one and that one... But I'm pray that Jimmy will do what God wants him to do...praying with you mate.

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mate! yeah, it will be a fairdinkum smorgasborg, with sotong, kopi kosong and lontong thrown in it. Thanks for updating us with your amazing stories. I find myself being careful not to use the J word too carelessly in the comments, just in case there are moles out there checking ur blog or something. Seth has the gait of a really composed and cool athelete walking down to school in the photos. Will pray that he won't be too fearful of the rabies business, that he will have the heart of the lion of Judah to squash those fears.

and thanks for praying along too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home