Friday, November 17, 2006

Captured by asia minor and mesopotamia

Recently, I had a bit of time to just relax and chill after clearing my essays. Decided to check out this super dummy guide map that I bought in germany, which traces the history of middle east from the biblical times to the modern period. Actually decided to sit down and spent some time to find out the whos and whats of the egyptian empire, the persian empire, the roman empire, the byzantine empire, and finally the ottoman empire. Was quite captured by the ebbs and flows of civilizations, and then i was watching a globe trekker episode on tv, which was doing a mega hit combo of all the middle eastern historical sites. It is amazing how people honor their respective monotheist religions through great battles, monuments and culture. Makes me feel quite inspired to ask terry nardin later if it is possible to do an ethical inquiry into christian-judea and arab-muslim just war theories if i can get my masters scholarship. I think that will help me to clear up a bit of my headache when it comes to approaching morality as a theology, as a history, as a sociology and as a theory. Somehow, I think monotheistic religions are in one or another, profaned, because of the lack of systematic inquiry into the hermeneutics, jurisprudence and literary criticism concerning textual interpretations. I think there is a space for different religions to co-exist together...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home