Sunday, November 05, 2006

epistemological headaches

after last night's euphoria, today is quite a reality check again, as i tried to focus on my 3 remaining essays. Went to pasir ris chalet in the late morning to entertain the primary six kids, then took a twenty-buck cab ride back home, cos i was too sleepy to walk to the mrt... serious. Went to school after that to do research for my last essay. It is on theories of IR, which means many epistemological headaches. I've decided to go for the jugular and just zoom in on the primary texts of kenneth waltz (Theory of International Politics) and alexander wendt (Anarchy is what states makes of it), instead of pouring over the tonnes of secondary articles that have talked about them. Partly cos I want to have my own originality in interpreting them, but mainly cos i am lazy and don't have any more time left to understand what the rest of the world thinks about them. Although both the primary texts encompass only about 150 pages ... they are pretty tough concepts to handle. had an enjoyable dinner though, to clear my epistemological headaches. It is pressure cooker days like these that every single kind gesture by friends means a whole load.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Kilroy_60 said...

Your blog is interesting. I saw several posts on which I thought of writing comments. Some people, though, don't care to have their blog littered with thoughts from other people. Should you visit and choose to comment, I will follow suit.














Kilroy Was Here!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger astral said...

ha at first i thought u r a spybot. but i think yer not, after i visit ur blog. anyway, feel free to drop comments. and thanks for reading lousy pseudo philosophy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home