Tuesday, August 08, 2006

No more day dreaming

I think the reality of the coming final year is sinking in. With readings like 'Reconstructing Constructivism' and 'What Sun Tzu can Teach us about International Terrorism', I think it is going to be a really tough (but interesting) semester ahead. Where previously I think there is still room to smoke my way through in essays and presentations, I think this sem calls for a more serious and scholarly approach to studying IR. I'm not sure what I mean by 'scholarly', some say that it just means more hours of mugging. I prefer the other way - more time to stone, so that I got the mental space to think and ponder through the improbables of IR. Yeah, so maybe I'll do another 3 month MSN fast. Felt pretty liberating when I stopped MSN since Feb.

I think Singapore is a pretty tough city to live and think at the same time. People are doing so much yet so little at the same time. Less is more. Hope that will be the new strategy in surviving another tough semester ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home