Saturday, August 05, 2006

Friends in China!
























These were pretty much the usp friends that I hang out with.

From top:

1) Celebrating Pema's 21st birthday at this 'Boat Quay' area of Beijing, which is call Hou Hai (Back Seas??). I was pretty deprived of good coffee in China, so it was heaven when we found starbucks in Hou Hai. The night weather was just nice (say around 15 degrees) and the atmosphere was good; an edgy night spot of modernity interspersed with rustic communist and communal flava. We joined a mass dance with the old chinese folks after that! I think Nian Long and I totally destroyed their communal culture with our WWF-like form of dance.

2) My roommate, Sam Cho. Really cool and funky dude. Plays good guitar, a good singing Jay Chou like voice, funny, and we talked a lot from christianity to photography. Ha.. he finds it strange that I always sleep so early in China. I guess it is just my way of finding personal space with God when there are so much movement around. Really glad to know Sam.

3) The 'D7' gang of USP. Sam was behind the camera. We were the only goons out of the 50 Singaporean students who decided to run up the Great Wall, while others took the cable car. And we did it in record time, about 30 minutes, before the cable car group even reached us! This picture was taken in one of the little forts along the Great Wall.

4) Diana Wu. Church fren, nua buddy, and travel mate! Cheers to many more years of friendship!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home