Thursday, July 20, 2006

bye bye berlin

Time either flies past pretty fast or slow when you are backpacking alone.

So yesterday was really fast, as I checked out the pegamon museum, and also went on a free tour around berlin.

Today was a bit draggy as I went to this concentration camp in the outskirts of berling, which really made me pretty depressive. I guess it wasn't the site itself that made me depressive, but I guess it is just the overall effect of wondering alone to a concentration camp that tortured 50000 Jews AFTER the world war that really made my day. Tried to focus on Psalms 41 which danger dan kindly sent to me, to buzz off the depressive swings. (I bought you a highly disturbing foucauldian photo book... ha ha)

Ended the day eating and chatting with the australian and american peeps in the hostel.

Will be going dresden tmw!

6 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

wasn't it psalm 42? haha but well all of His Word is good: )

a foucauldian photo book sounds disturbing enough either way you look at it, be it foucault-inspired, where i'd imagine a mammoth of a book towering over me, keeping my every move in surveillance and ensuring i live every minute of my life in panopticonic terror, or an actual photo book with pictures of foucault, which sounds just as harrowing.

but thanks for the thoughtful gift! i love disturbing. see you soon.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah.... sounds so fun... everything... hope you're having a great time despite being alone! :)

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger vic said...

i want a bunny book!

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger astral said...

hey dan, it is kind of hard to get your 1 litre of choco from the choco factory. my friend´s godfather, who owns the factory, is out of town, and we can only go to the shop. pretty expensive!

i tried this choco fondue by the choco fountain though. You basically dip the fruits in the warm chocolate liquid fountain. Wicked!! I think I´ll install 3 of these choco fondue/fountains in my future wedding reception .. ha ha.. all the way from austria!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey jimmy, btw, i just went for a wedding on Sat and my friend had the choco fondue thingy. it's quite amazing... maybe we shd try doing that one of these days. I have a fondue pot. heh heh... waiting for you to come back!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger astral said...

ha ailing, fondue party! got lotsa things to catch up when i'm back! sounds really like a lot of things happening in church!

2 more weeks and sch will start again; i am going to do a Thai level 1 module, seems like an interesting second half of the year ahead.

help me say hi to sophie!! does she need anything from austria??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home