Tuesday, January 01, 2008

On a quiet Hill

It was nice to have a quiet New Year's day. A few of us head down to johnson's place for settlers (again) after covenant service. Cos it was a bit hard to find a parking lot, I told dan and 'bart' to go up first while I go find a place to do my dreadful parallel parking. Found a good spot round a bend at Pasir Panjang hill. It was then I heard some muffled booming noise in the sky. Turn out to be some firework-like flares. Reminded me of the fireworks that we saw coming from sentosa at vivo. I looked at my watch and it was 12 midnight. Stood there for a quiet moment to just gaze at the flares and enjoy the slight breeze. I don't really have new year resolutions, except to read as many books as possible; art history, social sciences, christianity, novels etc. Kind of in the midst of devising a schedule to systematize all the things that I've learnt and I want to learn. It is probably going to be the last year in which I have the luxury of time to read and write, so I'll make good use of it; 'probably' because I'll most likely do my GRE for fun and see how it goes from there. Sounds like I'm turning into a social recluse. By the way, this photo was taken in Sapa... one of my personal favorite photos in Vietnam. Happy new year everyone :)

2 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shot man! didnt know GCTC got such beautiful scene!! :p

yvonne

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, thanks yvonne. Hope all is well on your side :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home