Thursday, November 29, 2007

Why we live

I was reading Reuben's blog. He was one of the five national dragon boaters who were involved in last Friday's mishap. I do not know any of them. But reading Reuben's blog was inspiring; his passion for music, sports and life, despite struggles that strangers like me do not know, but can only sense. Perhaps his music resonated in me of a spirit who yearns to make a difference in life, but was unfortunately cut short by Providence.

I was thinking about last night as well. It was a good night of driving around, a nice way to wrap up the year. I thought the blue Christmas lights at Orchard were nice. Been thinking how I've fallen short of my own expectations this year. I guess in the midst of good and bad times, life is indeed precious and worth living and fighting for. And beyond the daily strivings, family and good friends are the most precious gifts that God can ever give in this short and fleeting life.

'Reuben's blog'

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Friends in Business said...

hey jim...seem to be in a pondering mood. What's you been up to? Are you studying yet or still teaching.

How's dad and the new girl..I saw you write a few lines on SueAnne's blog...great to see- With great hope..

 
At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ian! Yeah... been in a pondering mood indeed. Just had my exams today, which wasn't so good. Maybe I'll email ya in details.

New girl?! SueAnne's blog? Hmmm... didn't know I have a new girl and didn't know sue has a blog...

Think you got the wrong dude for that one! =p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home