Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Re-learning what I have unlearnt

'How to fight for joy in everyday life'

Well... I guess I've been listless and forgot how to smile along the way. So this is a good sermon. I guess the difficulty is to put in some sort of a daily discipline to focus on what is true but tough to do, which for me can be as simple as just experiencing joy. Yeah, experiencing joy can be difficult for me, though once in a while, I do encounter what Edmund Burke might call the 'Sublime and the Beautiful' (1757).

Maybe God has blessed me with weird difficulties as a way for me to channel my energy towards Him. But I've been lazy to turn towards Him. I rather just go read books or sleep these days. Maybe that is the problem with free will? We have agency in exercising choices, but our choices lead us to valleys where we know we should not go. Still we are compelled by our sense of freedom, intellect and creativity to wade through depths of murky waters. In freedom, there is much irony. But in irony, you don't always find liberty.

If you guys are keen to learn how to smile, click on the link. It is probably good to listen to the audio rather than read the text.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home