Saturday, September 08, 2007

Where have the flowers gone?


"The work of art is a universe of colors, sounds and words, and concrete characters. There is no death, there is only Phaedra dying" Lucien Goldmann

I like the gardens in Europe. And maybe travelling alone, like what I did last year, enhances the beauty of nature, because there is this deep longing to try to connect with a foreign world, when it is hard to articulate purposeful words to strangers around me. You feel close to nature in the gardens, and perhaps even to the Maker himself. I think that is how I've understood the idea of how we can experience the Maker by observing His creation.

Btw, I think Goldmann meant that there are different ways to experience a singular aesthetic event. Since there are different versions of how Phaedra died, or indeed, if she has really died at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home