Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Rurouni Kenshin


Woah! I must say that this is really good stuff! Watched 10 episodes straight even though I am dead beat after a full day of work and school. My colleague from nj, who is super into canto pop music, has been giving me exposure modules to jap anime over canteen breaks, and lent me all 4 dvds of rurouni kenshin. The plot is a bit predictable because kenshin ALWAYS beats the bad guys in every single episode. But wad I really like is his tormented guilt complex, whenever he tries to reconcile his past as a Battousai during the meiji revolution, with the present as a redemptive simple wanderer. The one thing that is pretty awesome is Kenshin's defensive reverse-bladed sword, or the 'sakabato'. I wonder if he will ever reverse his sakabato to go into offensive mode in the future. Oh well, I still got 50 odd episodes to find out! =p

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger brian koh said...

hahahaha
this is easily one of the best. welcome to the downward spiral vortex of anime dude..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home