Thursday, August 23, 2007

old friends

met up with my council friends today cos one of us is flying to the states this saturday. wow, you can really sense people ageing together. 2 of them are looking for a hdb flat together, 1 of them is engaged, 2 are married, and many are going to the states over the next 2 years. they are all doing their GRE and GMAT now, except me. chun chia told me to stop daydreaming and join him in the states. aiyah.. i still think 6 years to get a phd is toooo long. i might as well stay there since I'll probably be so used to the life there after 6 years. my prof told me that the fall out rate is pretty high though to do phd in some unis, cos the the mental loneliness can be quite a killer, so it is very common to spend 6 years there without getting certified, plus you are living from hand to mouth everyday. sometimes i ask myself, what in the world am I in for in this academic business thingy? i should simplify and de-idealize things a bit. i'll probably be a happier person that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home