Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Resting Day for schizo me

Finally managed to take a breather today after a rather intense weekend and monday. Decided to step off the pedal a bit today and didn't go to school to mark the remaining bunch of projects assignments. Went to school instead to consult my prof how to program dummy variables into R. Bumped into my previous sup and I'm looking forward to nov when I can start to do something about journaling my thesis. As with all things related to me, the journal will probably not materialize but thinking about the possibility is good enough. Checked my email and was quite happy that at least one student appreciated my mini-heroic effort to help them in their essays. Checked my other email and was quite irritated by a student who thinks pretty high and mighty about her essay. Checked my other email and I'm puzzled and amused by this bimbotic-looking 16 year old who wants to confirm me as her friend in facebook, but I don't even know her. And she really looks super bimbotic. Even her name sounds bimbotic. Ha. Ended the day at west mall with jamie and eunice for la mian. They are my usp chummy friends since year 1! We haven't met up in a super long while. They ask me what are my plans after masters. I told them I'll try to complete masters in 1.5 years and then work first lah. Good to take a break from studying. And I've been increasingly feeling the need to be a practitioner in my field first, before I can gain my own sense of credibility to pursue further studies. Herbert Marcuse was working for german army in WW1 and US army in WWII before he wrote one-dimensional man. I think he started academic only after his wife died. Makes pretty good sense to me. Kafka was a lowly (probably boring) clerk before he wrote Metamorphosis. Alright, going to read my marcuse book and then tmr will resume another 7-day cycle of intense schizo me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home