Saturday, April 21, 2007

The French


Ségolène Royal, one of the french presidential candidates, doing her campaign by drinking wine in paris.

"Mr. Sarkozy, the world does not revolve around your little person," Le Pen said. "Long before your parents came from Hungary or Greece, there was at the heart of the French people a national current that cared more about the interests of the country than about its ruling class."

Haha.. I was reading this IHT article on the ongoing French elections, and it is quite amusing how French candidates jibe at each other. Quite different from the Americans eh? Hmmm, the elections ends on 10 May, which means I would have missed the politiking that goes on when I'm in Paris on 15 May. Well, Chirac will officially step down on 16 May, so I guess we might be able to catch his ceremonial stuff in Paris. I'm speaking as if I got a special permit into the Élysée Palace. heh.

Haven't quite settled on lodgings in Paris though. A lot of the hotels are filled up. So we are trusting shaun to somehow settle it for us. Hmmm.. as for the rest of the trip, dan and I haven't settle everything yet, unlike pastor rennis' family, who has planned out the whole europe trip way back in Feb, and every member of the family gets a bit of what they want; the mom gets salzburg, the bro gets milan and the sister gets manchester etc. Dan and I are just going by the cheapest ryanair tickets, and somehow for some bizarre twist of event, we might even take a 25hr bus ride to Bordeaux..... :S

I better get back to my exam revision. After two days of a hot-and-cold fever, I think I got a lot of work to catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home