Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Things that I've been doing

I have been resting well since last friday. Been reading a few books at the same time. Okie, maybe it is not quite the best way to relax, but I've finally get to read books that I've procrastinated for some while. Among them is 'The Histories' by Herodotus and a smelly book call 'A brief history of painting'. Herodotus is probably the only pre-modern greek post-modernist writer in ancient history, but maybe more about him some other time. 'A brief history of painting' is a smelly book because it basically summarizes all the important bits and pieces of art history for you, and it comes with nice glossy pictures to explain why certain pictures are painted in this way and that. So it is probably a good way for me to get started on a semi-serious interest in art history.

What else did I do besides reading? Was playing with sophie at james and ailing's place yesterday. I think sophie likes me, after I made her cry in the first 5 minutes...ha. Slept a lot today. And also cleared all my thesis readings. I dumped one big pile into the recycle box at the central library photocopy room today. Felt quite good that I'm saving trees. I honestly feel that global warming has arrived and every individual has a part to play to save the world. At least Christ won't perspire too much when He comes down the second time. I probably still got 4 more big piles to clear, including last semester's stuff. Will slowly dispose them over the next 2 weeks. Skyped a bit today too. Took a short afternoon nap after that before heading to bukit timah market for dinner with the tiertiary cell guys, and then church for holy devotion week. Ate lotsa salty chickens for supper after that.

I need to start my mini essay soon though. It is only 5 pages, but I think I should just try to do a decent job. This sunday we are also going to do a 'martin see' documentary at speakers' corner. Gonna film a short silent video on the empty speakers' corner, as part of our cyberart presentation for kt's module. Okie... not quite silent, cos we will juxtapose it with some silly racial harmony song in the post-production part. Oh well... my second last month as a ps undergrad... might as well just do something ridiculous (but critical) for once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home