Thursday, March 29, 2007

over :)

I sent my thesis for binding today. Was a bit disturbed for a while later in the day, cos I realized that I made 5 typo errors in my 10200 words. Prof reuben called me later in the day to find out how is everything. He told me he saw me crossing the road to queensway last saturday. He figured out I was trying to find out the cost of binding the thesis, which was true. Anyway I told him I exceeded 200 words, which means an automatic deduction of 2 marks. Argh, oh well, i figure out if my thesis is fine, then 2 marks is not going to be a big deal. Reuben says it is worth a 'risk'. Interesting, my thesis talks a bit about 'risk' towards the end. An entirely different kind of risk perhaps.

So all the aftermath of thesis mania was plaguing my brain for a while, the typo errors, the extra 200 words, the thesis title wch i still think sounds a bit weird. It is called "Analyzing EU's cosmopolitan power over China: Human rights and the politicization of human security". I think it makes more sense to reverse the title "Human Rights and the Politicization of Human Security: Analyzing EU's cosmopolitan power over China". Again, that happened only after I sent it to bind.

Thesis writing can be quite a rite of passage, whether you do well or not. Honestly, these past few days, I feel that I don't really have the flair to write academic stuff. But then again, writing is probably the only thing I do sufficiently well in life. And at the same time, writing how the EU has sought to defend global justice for the past 3 months has made me realize that there is something quite wrong in how this world behaves; how people are suffering unnecessarily because of the way the world systems are structured. But at the same time, the Bible says that this is the way the world is since the Fall. Maybe it is better to 'go out there' and do some meaningful stuff in NGOs or mission fields, rather than staying in a research institute to theorize everything under the sun. I dunno. As much as I do think about wad meaningful stuff I can do as a human being in the future, it is always quite a blurry image.

Anyway, i still got some minor stuff to clear, one short essay, one cyber art project (which should be fun), and 2 silly exams.

Time to pack my room, say a bit of prayer, and get on with Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home