Saturday, January 21, 2006

There's a darth vader in my pocket

Taking 5 ps modules at the same time seem a little bit daunting now. Somehow, I'm feeling rather inadequate in the "democratic possibilities in s'pore" module and the "chinese contemporary politics" module. Both are pitched at level 2000 though. Strangely, I feel more confident doing the level 3000 and 4000 modules, most of these modules revolve around foreign policy and strategic studies, which I suppose are my strengths.

Aye... I don't know. I think sometimes studying too much about power and security makes me see human relations in terms of self interests and insecurities. I wonder, to what extent is the human projection of depravity and self preservation valid at the systemic levels of state interactions and power politics?

Been thinking a bit about post grad plans. Was toying with the idea of doing a masters in strategic studies in IDSS, NTU. Oh well, the future is still a bit (or big) blur, maybe I should stop thinking about it, and seize the real but somewhat difficult present.

Democracy is for the "fool, and the fools who follow him." Obi Wan Kenobi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home