Friday, November 11, 2005

A Constructed World

The week has been characterized by a slow awakening that

1) joy (and not external happiness... hmm.. i dunno how to explain) can be found when I try not to pursue it.

2) that there is something meaningful in the present now, though the future always seems quite meaningless.

Something to thank God for, considering how this whole semester is characterized by a bout of low confidence. Yeap... the ya ya papaya-ness in class is quite a false front; deep down somehow I'm just preparing myself for some catastrophic mayhem in the exams. I don't know, I think I really don't have enough foundation for level 3 modules this sem...considering that I'm technically a year 2 in arts since my year 1 was in computing.

Maybe at the point of giving up, God gives some of restoration and confidence. But I think He is restoring me not through academia, but through friends and changing perceptions. I'm not complaining though. There's a form of liberty these days.

It this liberty 'real'? Maybe its substance is put to the test when a castastrophe really happens; and then I'll know if my liberty is a false construct. Okie, I'm not wishing for a castastrophe, but at the same time I'm curious if I'm living in false consciousness.

Somehow, I think a lot depends on what I know, and not know, what I choose to do, and what I choose not to do. I do like to live in ignorance, but I think ignorance is a false consciousness. False consciousness gives happiness. Truth, whatever that means, gives joy.

Sometimes I wonder if I should enter that self-imposed castle? Maybe not, I lack the courage. Happiness will suffice for now. Or maybe I should just destroy the walls.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gah.. i hate these ads u get here...anyway the resident flasher pops by to say hello. Your post made me think, and perhaps thinking, i like not. but i do wonder what NOT living in false consciousness entails. maybe its a defence mecahnism to stay sane, but perhaps there's a better alternative to it :)i dont know...

anyway, to the meanie-yaya-papaya.. stay awake doin those PP readings!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

yeah you should beat up all these spybots for invading your comment box

isn't constructivism a mere construction in itself, which thereby subjects itself to necessarily accept other various readings that are non-constructivist in nature?

and if even constructivism cannot be trusted, then do place your liberty in Him who made all things. that can't be very wrong

:) hang in there and find that joy

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger astral said...

to daniel the smelloculo: did u read sat's life? they totally trash your channel 5 docu drama, hope you ain't feeling malign. I think we ought to set up our Review of All Reviews Journal soon. Return some credibility to maligned souls like you. =p

constructivism a mere construction in itself? sounds eclectic to me. Its funny how we are pursuing our majors, soci and ps, with the aim of destroying the assumptions that underline our majors...

to anonymous: ha i know who you are! the 'resident flasher' is a dead giveaway..heh. But anyway, I dunno.. maybe the better alternative is to question WHY we like to stay in false conscious land. Maybe that will help us know to whom our 'defence mechanism' is up against.

Work hard on ur 8mc thingo! The end is nigh!!!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home