Thursday, October 27, 2005

the longest day

wow, the effect of sleeping at 530am for the past 2 nights really took its toll on me.

I was basically on my bed with my eyes wide open (due to excessive coffee, tea, chocolates and maybe chips), until the clock rang at 630am.

Dad sent me to school at 730am cos had to meet up with my friends for a grp presentation. They were late, and the canteen stalls had not got their food ready.

Had to make do with bland milo and lousy been hoon.

Then finally head down to chatterbox to do our last min ppt run through.

There was really lotsa smoke coming from 3 of us. But then again, smoke is inevitable when I'm a pol sci student, Godwin a philo major, and Kenny is, i think, naturally quite full of corn.

Oh well, the presentation turned out pretty good. i dunno, somehow strangely, the profs like our idea that local architectures is a representation of space and time and thus an alternative to reading sec sch textbooks about our national history.

Ha so full of crap, now we need to get our act together to come up with a decent paper.

Speaking of which, i was quite taken aback when a friend called me last night and poured out all the grievances of doing group projects (problems of free riders, clash of ideas etc etc). I was actually quite tired during that time, plus it was already midnight and people dun call people up at midnight unless there is really serious business to talk ... I think. But anyway, decided to be mr nice guy and just listened. I realized that my friend, who isn't a chrisitian, really look at problems in life in a different light. I din want to be too pushy and evangelical at midnight, so gave my friend some christian perspectives in a secular manner.

I dunno, I think I haven't really been a good friend to many, in the sense that I can be uninterested and interested to friends at the same time. I guess I could have been more sincere and really listen to my friend's problem that night. But I'm just kinda half hearted about it.

I need passion!

I need to sleep.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger meliacholy said...

Many a times, it takes two to clap. Though it's nice to check in on ourselves if we can do more for someone else. If you feel bad about not giving that person your fullest attention that night, why not ask him out for coffee and just spend an hour of your time chilling out and really listening to him? Who knows, you may make that little difference to change his life for good! Hehe. :)

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger astral said...

heh thanks, but yah ... guess i'm just a bit caught up with essay fever, tend to be a bit schizo when i'm running out of words n ideas. yeah...maybe i shd chill out soon..after exams! i'm such a lousy multi tasker.. heh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home