Thursday, June 21, 2007

Belgium: Food, Friends and Beer











































































Okie, I think I shall post some euro photos up by starting with the first destination of my trip - Belgium! Sorry folks, there aren't too many sightseeing photos because it was my second time there and I told Leen, my ASEF belgian pal, that i want to do non-touristy stuff this time. So voila! We basically drank lotsa beer, ate mussels (a belgian thing to do), and cycled around farmlands and cemetaries to burn off those calories. Met up with Filipe from Portugal as well. He is now working as a journalist with the European Union. In between, we also travelled with Eunice and Lavinia, my two friends from NUS. I know Eunice since year 1 when we did the stupid module call 'Why Calculus'. If you scroll down, you'll see this weird photo... Yeap, Leen and I caught Ulysses in Brussel's opera house. Awesome stuff! She won a pair of tickets from her company, and it so happened that the performance was held during the weekend that I was there. Although Ulysses was done in Italian, and the subtitles in French and Dutch, I really appreciated the whole production. Okie, both of us fell asleep for 5 minutes.. but try reading James Joyce without falling asleep! Anyway, Leffe Blond is the new hoegarrden for me now. And if you are searching for a morning beer, try Kriek. It taste like cherrycoke, a bit pansy to drink that in pubs, but you'll be forgiven when you replace Peel Fresh with Kriek for breakfast. I can't find Leffe in Singapore yet. Maybe I'll ask Leen to send me some, in exchange for some Tiger.

Okie doks, Paris will be up next! Sorry for the jumbled up photos. Will do a better job for Paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home