Sunday, April 29, 2007

When you are bored...

I found myself taking time out to create my profile on Facebook. It is a bit like Friendster, but somehow I think it is more professional in maintaining your network of friends. I became a member quite accidentally, when I accepted yvonne's invitation into Facebook, and then I thought I've become a spammer when I unknowlingly sent an email invite to people on my email address who have Facebook. Oh well, so now I got 18 friends in Facebook. Didn't really think much about it, until I got bored studying Freud's castration anxieties for KPT's module, and decided to edit my interest, favourite books, movies and that kind of stuff. One thing that I like was the 'favourite quotes' section; it kind of urges me to reflect on quotes that created deep impressions in my worldview towards life. I guess Facebook is quite addictive when you are bored, at least in the beginning part of creating your profile, which afterall is just an impression that you want to create for others. I was undecided between creating a serious profile or a nonsensical one; I went for something in between. After knowing myself for 25 years, the 'in-between' seems to be the real me, serious and nonsensical at the same time. Not the best way to kickstart the next phase of my life, I suppose...

Think I'll start to invite some of my bored friends into Facebook soon.. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home