Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Thought of the Day

"a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench" (Isaiah 42:3)

Today's cell word at the new Young Adult Ministry was about decision making and inquiring His will. Although the cell word was centred on James 4, somehow my mind drifted towards this verse throughout the session. I haven't quite processed my thoughts yet. Anyway, I think God does not operate in a way in which there is a single grand blueprint for each and every of His creation; He probably has a few good pathways for us to move along, so long we are not acting in contrary to His word, and they all work towards the glorification of Christ. Also, sometimes what we assume to be a good and Godly decision turns out to be somewhat miscalculated. I think we all have encountered that sort of stuff when we walk the talk long enough. Well, I guess that is maybe where Isaiah 42:3 comes in? I guess on one reading, the verse is meant for the elected few who have to sacrificed a bit of their lives- the apostles, saints and missionaries who encounter sufferings in the process. But maybe on another reading, it is also for those who pursue Him with good intentions but somehow got stuck in a bit of a divine muddle. "A faintly burning wick he will not quench", I think there is room to take risks with God...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home