Tuesday, April 18, 2006

the reason between him and hague

okie... after trading one whole precious day of exam revision for a 1500-word essay, battling all the very bureaucratic admin red tapes, making the taxi driver do a U-turn cos I forgot to get another important document, a very very heavy downpour, and a very very bad headache, i finally submitted the application to ASEF.

It is a super long shot to get a legitimate reason to go to Europe. I did a cost/benefit analysis and a probability check with Daniel, and realize that I only have ((1/10) to the power of 3) probability to beat all the post graduate goliaths to go to Hague. Hague, by the way, is like the mecca for IR students, the north pole for polar bears, and the everest for all sherpas. But then again, maybe the reason goes deeper than just making a pilgrimage to Hague. Maybe it boils down to a reason that represents everything that makes me foolish, hopeful and yet hopeless from the beginning. I don't understand myself... grrr.

oh well... time to continue my exam revision. No time to lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home