Sunday, February 12, 2006

ramblings

Ha ha ha.. i think it is really funny that part of the briefing sheet for this coming sino sing exchange includes the following:

6. Even if some sessions are incredibly boring, please do feign enthusiasm and interest. Please do not fall asleep during those sessions!

Really makes me wonder what is in store in these sessions. But I think it is going to be a challenging 2 weeks, with 9 - 5pm non-stop hosting on top of the 'expectations to host your Chinese counterparts in the evenings'. Hmmm... plus 2 presentations, 1 essay, 1 ISM mid-sem report, a much procrastinated cluster meeting, some academic festival thingo, as well as a lousy nocturnal circadian clock... I think I would probably really need to plaster my eyes or something if I need to "feign enthusiam and interest" during sessions.

Either that, or I shall enter into nirvana with semi opened eyes during sessions. Speaking of nirvana, been having quite an irritating debate inside my head with regards to trying to reconcile polytheistic gods (the hindu/buddhist types) and monotheistic gods (the OT types). Hmmm.. I don't know.. just part of my peripheral nonsense thoughts. Maybe I've been talking to buddhist friends of late and my rather polytheistic mom, and just wondering if there can be any way to enlighten their perspectives in a philosophical but simple framework.

And this morning while going to church, the cabbie was blasting hillsong-like buddhist songs in his taxi. Coupled with all the buddhist statues and stickers... really reminds me of those shady experiences that I had in that sri lankan motel. So anyway, instead of asking the cab to stop outside the small gate, I decided to ask the cabbie to drive right into the church and tell him 'ah uncle.. can stop right in front of the Cross'. Hope my implicit message was explicit enough. Kinda prayed that every single passenger that he ferries today will direct him to a church.. heh heh.

Anyway, heard a silly song in burger king today that triggered more peripheral neurotic memories. oh well... i'm silly enough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home