Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sabbath over; now for the final week!

Alright alright, so I slept at 11pm last night, my earliest bedtime in almost 3 months! I think camomile really works... though I think it tastes funny. Woke up at 7am and thought that I have finally got rid of the late night ghost in me.

Played soccer with my idiosyncratic cell group, and I think I'm not very fit these days. Couldn't run anymore and decided to be the keeper under the disguise of letting my cell guy have a chance to kick the ball. I think they have grown up, their shots are getting quite difficult to handle these days. Or maybe I'm just lousy.

Ended my sabbath with a afternoon nap, until I was awoken by a phone call by a classmate to discuss ... gahh.... exam questions! Was a bit off to do that kind of thing on a sunday afternoon. But oh well, I think its a timely reminder that my sabbath might be a bit pre mature.

Back to mugger reality, for just 8 more days!

***

Oh, and I think today's sermon on Noah is pretty apt, though I have been seeing it in the context of the animals coming into the ark. Okie, yeah, think I dun make a good preacher. Tend to interpret the bible in an out of context fashion. I think one thing that Ian shared about Noah's obedience, and 'obedience being more important than sacrifice' (1 Sam 15) got me thinking. I think that was Samuel's reply to Saul for sparing some tribes. Hmmm...i dunno... David said that he will not sacrifice things that cost him nothing (2 Sam, last chap). Oh well, i guess both verses ought to be read in their context.

I think there are some issues that I do find super costly to sacrifice. And 'cost' is such an undefinable and unpinnable abstraction. I mean ... how do u sacrifice something unreal but yet costly such as an epistemological phenomenology; like a 'thought bubble', a 'feeling', a 'potential'? Maybe it starts with the optimism of the will, a cruxification of the heart, and ... obedience? I dunno...

2 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger vic said...

i think you'll like Twining's camomile & vanilla tea.
as for take-home point from ian's sermon: faith undergirdes obedience - something to mull over this wk for me.
all the best boy for ur papers!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger astral said...

ha thanks vic, yeah, all da best for your busy days ahead!

btw, my guys 'requested' that they all be put in e same grp for church camp; i must be their grp leader; and soccer after service for 1 whole month.

grr..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home