Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Good Friend, Good Times


Chatting on top of the Brooklyn Bridge; discovering quaint shops at DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass); jazzbar; waffles, pancakes, maple syrups and free flow of coffee for daily breakfasts; Chinatown and Little Korea; ferry ride to Staten Island; watching a movie called Frost/Nixon; skating at Central Park; shopping for books, window shopping around NYU; Starbucks; mexican food; beer; intelligent conversations; musings about love and life; and an abrupt farewell at JFK.

It was good catching up with Leen. There was the occasional cultural awkwardness but we got by, as usual. It is hard to keep in touch with distant friends. But I'm glad we've been so since 2005. She suggested that we should go Bosnia next time. She showed me her photos and I must say that the mountain lakes in Bosnia are awesome. Maybe I'd try to get a free trip to Europe this May or August through ASEF though I'm getting tired with cover letters. Writing cover letters feels like self-flagellation at times.

Nothing reflective in this post though I just want to quickly jot down my memories before they go away. Having a bit of a social stress cos I haven't had the time to reply emails to friends. At the same time, it is hard to find friends on the same wavelength in UN and NY. Leen's visitation was timely. I need to prepare for an unexpected job interview next Friday. The PSD guys are coming to town. I'm nervous but would put my best energy into it. Honestly, if this program doesn't work out, I should re-evaluate my options and...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home