Sunday, July 06, 2008

New Read

I bought a new book today at PageOne. It's titled "Doctor Faustus: The Life of the German Composer Adrian Leverkuhn as told by a friend" by Thomas Mann.

It sounds like a really awesome classical read as Mann plays with the coexistence of aesthetic brilliance and spiritual self-destruction within the protagonist's divided self. Sounds like German Romanticism and critical theory all at once. I need to finish some other books before I get started on this. Feels like I finally found a good book after a long while.

It was a good yesterday hanging around with s and talking about hobbies and intruding into the lives of HDB dwellers in Chinatown. Not much insights about the lift experience though. Feels nice to keep in touch with a good friend for so long.

I should really practise more self-discipline and work on my thesis. Less than a year to go.

Always wonder what I'll do after graduation. I guess it is reassuring to know that good friends (who can tolerate my morose ramblings) and family (even though they cannot understand the political streak in me) are the constants in my uncertain life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home