Monday, January 12, 2009

My Academic Retreat


I have a rather minimalist table; the result of scanning much of Michael Walzer's (the theorist whom I'm critiquing) readings into my mac. Guess this will be the place for me to think about my thesis once in a while. Don't exactly have any great urge to visit the touristy parts of New York. Maybe winter just makes one sleepy and lazy to go out. Somehow, the idea of drinking hot coffee and writing thesis at night is more appealing. Let's see how it goes...

3 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice room!! looks spacious too..

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, you should really come here. that is, if your thesis is completed. i think you'll fit right into new york. indie, music, politics and art. a perfect place to conduct the sociology of everyday life. you can walk backwards in Times Square or do a rap in the subway and no one really cares! just fly over here and you can stay at my place, cos clem's room is really a shoebox! But he's a good host to bring you around.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger kLeM said...

so apparently, i have been told i exude the vibes of a new yorker already. daniel tham, come here lah. you know you want it, want it. last i checked, tickets from chan brothers were 1.2k SGD. that's a freaking steal dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home